Re: USB 802.11 adaptor

The Raspberry Pi has a fuse, f3, rated at 1 or 1.1 (A)mpere. The
Raspberry Pi model B under full load takes aproximatly 700mA or 0.7A
and 310mA or 0.31 A under no load running linux. This means that
everyting connected to the USB ports and GPIO header has to draw less
than 700mA to 300mA.

This is why you have to have a powerd USB hub or do some sort of
hardware hacking. The speed might be USB 2.0 but the power is most
defenetly not.