Re: sshramdisk general information

Trying to install using a rpi_inst.gz built today, I get:

    Command: disklabel -w -r -f /tmp/disktab ld0 'gdt-pi'
     Hit enter to continue
disklabel: ioctl DIOCWDINFO: No disk label on disk;
use "disklabel -I" to insta

I have futzed around with partitions in various flavors, but I am not
getting past this.

I also zeroed the card (while running on the ramdisk) and rerunning
sysinst didn't help.  It seems like the disklabel really did get
written, but then I got the error.  The installer seems a little confusd
by the zeroing, as if it is expecting to reuse information from the
install/boot image.  But maybe that's not true.

So if someone has a precise recipe for how to answer the questions that
goes something like this

  gunzip rpi_inst.img.gz
  dd if=rpi_inst.img of=/dev/rsd2c bs=256k # or whatever on host with sd

  boot on pi
  ssh sysinst@pi-dhcp (pass sysinst)
  install
  [rest of questions]

  end up with system with one big ffs partition as /, plus boot msdos
  partition

I think it would help a lot of people.

The rpi did run solidly while trying the installer repeatedly over 15
minutes; all my issues seem to be in sysinst or my head (not sure
which).