Re: Dockstar (like SHEEVAPLUG) panics at init with -current after Aug 31, 2012

On 11/02/2013, at 4:05 AM, Andy Ruhl <acruhl%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I hope I'm not out of line by saying that the panic in this situation
> is still a problem?

You aren't out of line, but that's not the same as right ;-)

I thought about this fairly carefully last night and realised (in a Homer
Simpson moment - D'oh) that since the device we have been creating was mem(4),
we were trampling all over physical memory by writing console messages to it.
mem(4) is one of those few dangerous facilities will always be able to cause a
panic.

Cheers,
Lloyd