Re: New RaspberryPI image to test

Hello,

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:13:54 -0500
"Jared D. McNeill" <jmcneill%invisible.ca@localhost> wrote:

> The kernel outputs to serial console by default, you can create a
> 'cmdline.txt' on the MSDOS
> partition of your SD card with "console=fb" in it to use the framebuffer
> console instead.
>
> Xorg works as well, you need to install NetBSD 6 evbarm X sets and then shark
> xserver.tgz over top.
> Add genfb.type=39 to cmdline.txt otherwise your reds and blues will be
> swapped. Grab xorg.conf from here:
>
>       http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jmcneill/rpi/xorg.conf

Most of this applies to BeagleBoard as well ( I committed the last bits a few
minutes ago ) - put console=fb into bootargs to get a framebuffer console with
omapfb, X from shark with the config above should Just Work(tm). It's only
16bit colour for now, no colour channel swapping needed.

have fun
Michael