Re: Embedded NETBSD Driver Devolpment

On Feb 9, 2009, at 1:47 PM, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 2:13 AM, Hubert Feyrer <hubert%feyrer.de@localhost> wrote:
On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, KunalGoel wrote:

So how to do similar things on NETBSD. i mean what to install and how to

I don't know what a BSP is, but for general development, see

A BSP is a Board Support Package, ie, all you will need to build the
software you'll run on the target board. The include cross-compiller,
scripts to prepare image, sources... In short, our common work
environment (with some tweaking) :-)

I have chosen netbsd because the documentation truly reflects the experience. I'm totally serious one can follow the documentation for setting up a tftp server with dhcp and it works. I would recommend installing netbsd on your target device following the directions at

Look on this page for the processor that most resembles your host. I think the arm stuff is under the acorn family.

If you find that you are able to install netbsd then try to install the pkgsrc.

pkgsrc is a centralized package management system that is used to distributes packages to netbsd. It can be used by other OSes

Although I have never tried to do this my experience with netbsd is that it should just work and if not someone can explain exactly what the current issue is.

Good luck,

 - Arnaud