Re: NSLU2 won't boot 5.0

2009/2/20 Andy Ruhl <acruhl%gmail.com@localhost>:
> Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong? Does telnetting into RedBoot
> actually work to load a NetBSD kernel? Maybe I really need the serial
> port?

Ok, I looked harder and found this:

http://wiki.netbsd.se/How_to_install_NetBSD_on_the_Linksys_NSLU2_(Slug)_without_a_serial_port,_using_NFS_and_telnet

So it looks like it should be possible to boot a tftp loaded kernel
from RedBoot after telnetting to it.

I guess the downside is you don't get a console, you have to do a full
NFS setup to get a running system, then use that system to install
onto a local USB disk. This is kind of a bummer.

I'll try this. I'm also hoping to run an expect script from the tftp
server machine so some form of unattended reboot might be possible.

More later.

Andy