Re: Embedded NETBSD Driver Devolpment

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, KunalGoel wrote:
1. What will be the devolpment environment on my desktop?  Do i need to
install NETBSD for i386, Linux or my windows will work fine?

Windows not really - NetBSD may build in Cygwin, but I'm not sure of that.
Else, I've built NetBSD for various platforms from NetBSD, Linux, Mac OS and Solaris.

2. How to proceed for the same? i mean if NETBSD which release,if Windows or
linux then how to start?

See http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/part-compile.html, your target platform doesn't matter for the sources that you use. The decision that you should make here is what NetBSD CVS branch to use - HEAD (AKA NetBSD-current) for the latest & greatest, or a release branch like netbsd-5. For a start, I'd recommend the latter.

2. Is there any IDE for the same?

No. Welcome to the command line.

 - Hubert