Port-amigappc archive

Re: BlizzardPPC SCSI support!

On Jan 9, 2011, at 1:05 PM, Frank Wille wrote:

> Radoslaw Kujawa wrote:
>
>> Also: bppcsc(4) manual page :-).
>
> Thanks.
> Although you may consider to make it more similar to the wesc, mgnsc, wesc,
> zssc man pages.

I considered this, but I found "description" section of these man pages
unclear. For example, existence of common machine dependent backend (siop.c) is
totally omitted. Adding "diagnostics" section to bppcsc(4) would be useful,
indeed.

On Jan 9, 2011, at 1:03 PM, Frank Wille wrote:

> Radoslaw Kujawa wrote:
>
>> Updated driver attached, works for me, it should work for everyone.
>> People with a non-SCSI BPPC should test if match function fails for
>> them.
>
> Maybe you shouldn't call it "scsi controller"? The right term would be "host
> adapter", IIRC.

You are right, feel free to make this change before commit - the driver is
working well for me, so I don't think I'll be making any more changes to it.

> And usually your own license will go on top of the original code's license,
> but I'm not really sure about those things either.

/usr/share/misc/style is not clear about this... Licenses were also copied from
wesc.c, where newer is at the bottom. Again, feel free to rearrange it before
commit.

> Otherwise it looks ok, and I would commit it after a delay of a week or so,
> to give everybody a chance to notice and to object. ;)

Ok, so I'll return to hacking on wdc_fastata4k and amigappc stuff ;).

--
Best regards,
RadosÅaw Kujawa