Port-amigappc archive

Re: BlizzardPPC SCSI support!

On Jan 8, 2011, at 1:32 AM, Frank Wille wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 00:40:13 +0100
> Radoslaw Kujawa <radoslaw.kujawa%c0ff33.net@localhost> wrote:
>
>> I am pleased to present a driver for BlizzardPPC 603e+ SCSI controller.
> Congratulations! :)
Thanks ;).

>> BPPC "+" model has 53C710 chip. This driver utilizes our MD siop backend
>> and is mostly based on wesc.c (Warp Engine has the same chip).
>
> Indeed, the source is identical, besides the initialization of dcntl and
> ctest7. It could make sense to avoid duplication of code and just extend
> wesc.c to support the BPPC.

There are some other subtle differences (in dmaintr routine, match, attachment
code), but these could be merged very easily.

I though about merging similar drivers for 53C710-based controllers into one.
But I'm hesitant to touch a driver I can't test. That's why I created a new
driver. Anyone on this list owns Warp Engine? A4091?

>> - check serial number (will not work if someone messed with the card)
>
> Do you know the serial numbers to check for?

Yes, only BPPC with SN Ixx-xxxx has SCSI.

>> - we could just leave driver commented out in GENERIC
>
> Maybe I would check for the serial number when this is safe. Those who
> really messed with the card know what they are doing and have to build
> their own kernel.

Ok, later today I'll prepare a new version which does this. Should be trivial.

--
Best regards,
RadosÅaw Kujawa