Port-amigappc archive

Re: A3000 problems

On Sun, Jan 02, 2011 at 02:07:12PM +0100, Rados?aw Kujawa wrote:

> First question is: what do we need this information for?

> - We can use it to inform the user, but that's not critical.
That's why I was wondering about the fuss, but your other point:

> - We should use it to set up BAT mappings, not base it on Amiga
> model like we do it now (it's possible to put CSPPC into A1200 if
> you have Micronik Zorro 3 busboard, which has CPU Fast Slot).

seems certainly valid.

> - Anything else?
>
> My suggestions:
> - Check for Zorro product IDs of BPPC/CSPPC in gobsdppc, pass
>   this information to kernel.

The kernel does have the zorro list (although it doesn't parse
it early enough for BAT setup). Let me rephrase: all NetBSD/Amiga boot
loaders are required to pass a cooked AutoConfig list to the kernel.

A quick search of the list could be done; it is unlikely to be longer
than, say, 8 entries for real cards. Some cards might have more than
one Zorro card on them, and cpu cards define some, but the number is
small enough to search in a loop.

        -is