Re: Re: Re: AmigaOS 3.2 kickstart ROM crashing on NetBSD partitions (Was NetBSD/amiga sysinst)

Hi,

On Thu, 23 Mar 2023, David Brownlee wrote:

> > > No worries. Could I ask where it was reported? I might want to reach
> > > out to see if they might have any suggestions :)
> >
> > It was reported on the OS3.2-Team bugtracker. Maybe you could open a new thread on EAB?
>
> We'll see if anyone replies :)
>
> https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1604490#post1604490

As I wrote on EAB, this _recoverable_ alert is probably caused by the boot
code returning with an error (read: rts while d0 non 0?) to the OS. Just
by quickly glancing at it, the boot code makes some assumptions regarding
the stack and register layout the boot code is called with, then proceeds
to allocate some memory and other things. I did not check if these are
"hard truths", or it just happens to work with the previous Kickstart
versions.

I'm not too experienced in debugging boot sectors, sadly, but surely some
hardwired serial-debug messages can be patched up using
exec.library/RawDoFmt() to track the progress.

Charlie (Chain-Q)