Re: NetBSD/amiga sysinst (Was: Video of NetBSD/amiga 10.0_BETA network install in real Amiga 1200)

On Mon, 27 Feb 2023 at 22:42, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> It looks like there may be a few areas which could make it easier for
> new users to NetBSD/amiga, some of which might include:
>
> - Adding sysinst to the miniroot
> - Working out why AmigaOS 3.2 kickstart ROM will not boot NetBSD boot blocks
> - Simplifying the boot process (fewer arguments needed, maybe reading
> defaults from a file)
> - Getting a good set of useful binary packages available
> - Improving install notes
> - Providing easy test disk images (I think your aminet upload covers this)

I have some notes from a prior netbsd install on potential
improvements to the existing install scripts. I'll dump them below:

netbsd install script
Boot with loadbsd -Cbv netbsd-INSTALL (for serial port install)
specify wd0b as root, none as dump device

Your network interface might require explicit selection
of the type of network medium attached. Supported media:
10baseT
10base5
10base2
Additional media type arguments (none)? [ep0] none  --> defaults to
ep0 which causes ERROR. Should be "none".

ftp ip --> Does a hostname work? No default providen?

Maybe we could add support for http?
ftp -o test http://example.com can fetch on ftp.
Can the ftp in the miniroot fetch http too?

Maybe add the fstab.pseudo step from below into the scripts.

netbsd after install steps
Boot with loadbsd -Cav (serial port still)
mkdir /kern
mkdir /proc
cat /usr/share/examples/fstab/fstab.pseudo >>/etc/fstab
useradd -m -s /bin/ksh -G wheel username
passwd
passwd username
echo "sshd=YES" >> rc.conf
/etc/rc.d/sshd start
Then ssh-copy-id so we don't need to do interactive ssh login more than once.

X11
Boot with loadbsd -Aav (AGA display)

For the can't make keyb raw mode error, add this at /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier "Keyboard0"
        Driver "kbd"
        Option "Protocol" "wskbd"