Re: NetBSD/amiga sysinst (Was: Video of NetBSD/amiga 10.0_BETA network install in real Amiga 1200)

Carlos Milán Figueredo wrote:

> [...]

Yes. I can also escape to shell and type
# ifconfig ne0
which shows me the NIC and its MAC.

But the 9.2 miniroot's install script does this:

---8<---
Enable network? [y]
configuring network interfaces: ne0ifconfig: SIOCGIFMEDIA: Inappropriate
ioctl for device
---8<---

Then everything fails. So on first sight it looks like a problem in the
script. Although this seems to be fixed during netbsd-10.

Then I checked the problem with the keymap again. After selecting '0' for
"din" the output is:
[: SMALL test, no fallback usage
ITEIOCSKMAP: function not implemented

Probably the install kernel no longer uses the ITE consoles, since 9?

I think this is an important point before switching to a default WSCONS
kernel: we have to replace "loadkmap" by "wsconsctl" for wskbd.

--
Frank Wille