Re: Insights from successful, yet painful, install attempt.

It seems pkgin gets confused if there's multiple repositories. I
suspect only the latest one applies, despite documentation.

After removing the other repos...

amiga# pkgin up
reading local summary...
processing local summary...
cleaning database from
http://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/m68k/9.0/All/
entries...
cleaning database from
http://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/m68k/9.0_2021Q3/All/
entries...
reading local summary...
processing local summary...
processing remote summary
(http://pkg.zia.io/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/m68k/9.0_2021Q3/All/)...
pkg_summary.bz2

                                    100%  420KB   0.9KB/s   08:15
amiga# pkgin se i3
i3-4.19.2nb1         Improved dynamic tiling window manager

=: package is installed and up-to-date
<: package is installed but newer version is available
>: installed package has a greater version than available package
amiga# pkgin in i3
calculating dependencies...-
pango>=1.44.7nb3 is not available in the repository
proceed ? [y/N]

But now there's a broken dependency; As pango package is available in
http://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/m68k/9.0/All/, I've
manually installed it with pkg_add.

Now i3 works (horribly, thanks to pango not really dealing with 1bpp).

-- Roc.