RE: Insights from successful, yet painful, install attempt.

http://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amiga/9.0_2021Q3/All/

Or here, which is updated several times a week:

http://pkg.zia.io/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/m68k/9.0_2021Q3/All/

What is the difference between that repo and the "official" one? [1]. If I already installed packages from [1], can I switch to these ones. It is so nice to see fvwm there, although I was expecting version 2, not version 3.

[1] https://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amiga/9.2/All/

The fast ports build quickly enough that the full bulk build set is uploaded after the bulk build is finished. If we did that with m68k, we might have to wait a year or more, so instead it's a best-effort kind of thing - the build runs, and I upload incrementally.

pkg.zia.io is my own working repository. Packages are uploaded there often so that make bin-install on other machines in different locations (which are not using any sort of shared filesystem) can get access to packages built on other machines relatively quickly.

Once a week, those are synced to ftp.NetBSD.org, which then is automatically propagated to cdn.NetBSD.org.

The 9.2 directory isn't really a directory - it's a symlink which currently points to 9.0_2021Q2. Only after the new quarter has more packages than the previous do we consider switching the symlink to the new quarter. However, anyone is welcome to use the newer one, if it has what you're looking for.

Switching from one quarter to the next shouldn't be a problem, but obviously, at least for a while, there'll have been packages in the previous quarter that aren't in the new quarter for a while.

John