Re: Insights from successful, yet painful, install attempt.

Hi,

On Fri, 8 Oct 2021 at 18:36, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> For testing sysinst you can just build and run the sysinst binary
> directly from a normal install and install onto an additional disk

Considering how netbsd amiga port handles partitions (it's quite the
special case), this might actually be relatively difficult,
unfortunately.

I do not mind (at all!) installing netbsd again, if I had a way to
create sysinst-based install media. I imagine it wouldn't deal with
things like partitioning (which has to be done by hand) or bootblocks
(which I don't use), but would otherwise work. I understand it works
in other m68k-based ports.

> Download NetBSD src on *nix system (A nice fast amd64 is a good
> candidate :) and run
> './build.sh -m amiga release'
> to build _everything_ from scratch
>
> './build.sh -m amiga install-image'
> should work to build just an install-image, if its setup
>
> All of the logic lives in distrib/amiga

Thanks for these pointers.

Roc