Re: Panics going multiuser with NetBSD 8, 9, current

On Thu, 7 Oct 2021 at 18:22, John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> wrote:

> > Curiouser and  curiouser...!
> >
> > More random thoughts
> > - What happens if you chroot into a small tmpfs with some binaries
>
> I can't say for a while, until I get the A4000 set back up with another
> CPU card.
>
> The binaries in the installation miniroot are fine, but I'll test tmpfs,
> both with miniroot binaries (expect it to be fine) and with regular ones
> (expect a panic).

Ah, so the distinguishing characteristic may be shared libraries vs
static linking? Does chrooting to a copy of the miniroot binaries on
SCSI/IDE panic (sorry, I may have missed if you've already mentioned
that). That seems more interesting....

> > - Does the same kernel without a34kbbc0 work fine on the A3000
>
> I'll give that a try.
>
> > - Does current panic the same
>
> Yep.
>
> At least one goal is almost accomplished - having another happy, fast '060
> machine for bulk pkgsrc building ;)

Three steps sideways, 15 shaved yaks and one step forward :-p

David