Re: Panics going multiuser with NetBSD 8, 9, current

David Brownlee wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Sept 2021 at 21:52, John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> I'm still puzzled about this, since it's happening on multiple types
>> of drives on different busses, some with RDBs, some with simple
>> disklabels.
>
>> I tested NetBSD 8 and NetBSD 7, and both exhibit the same issues.
>> NetBSD 6 runs without issues, though.
>>
>> I'm open to trying anything that might work or give more data.

John, what extra hardware do you have in your A4000? From what I can see it
is just the CSPPC board (although you said CSMk3 before) and an A4066
ethernet card?
(BTW, I wonder why your CSPPC has no serial number.)

So the most important difference between our systems is A3000-SCSI on one
and IDE on the other side. Maybe you want to configure a test kernel
without wdc, even if your A1200 seemed to work with it...

And while you're at it, building a new kernel, you could also enable some
debugging options, like DEBUG, DEBUG_PAGE0 and DEBUG_KERNEL_START.

How much memory do you have installed? Did you already run a memory test?

> Waves hands and mumbles something about different gcc versions
> handling "undefined" code (c or assembly) differently - well, it a
> possibility & much oddness can ensure when it happens.

Hmm. That would be strange, as we are both running the same 68060 board.

--
Frank Wille