Re: NetBSD 6.1.2 install report (A1200, Bliz 1230mkIV)

On 3 Dec 2013, at 10:39, Roc Vallès <vallesroc%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 7:53 AM, Radoslaw Kujawa
> <radoslaw.kujawa%c0ff33.net@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> Notice that we are using completely separate amidisplaycc driver for
>> OCS/ECS/AGA wscons support:
>>
>> amidisplaycc0   at mainbus0             # wscons interface to custom chips
>> wsdisplay0      at amidisplaycc0 console ?
>>
>> wskbd0          at kbd0 console ?
>> wsmouse*        at ms?
>>
>> I tested it few weeks ago and it worked just fine.
>
> Noticed the WSCONS config file only when I installed Current. Will try
> configuring and building another kernel sometime later, comparing my
> conf with WSCONS via vimdiff.

That might not work, since WSCONS config works by including GENERIC and then
disabling several drivers from there and adding a few new. But that’s not a
problem, just review WSCONS file by hand, as it is short.

> The WSCONS kernel from the latest Current works. White on black looks
> horrible via composite (what I can use with my current setup...).
> Getting the default colors to be ite-like would be nice... as
> commented out default kernel config entries if need be, or perhaps in
> userspace.

See man 4 wscons. There are a lot of WS_* options you can set in the kernel
config to change colours.

> With WSCONS, I should get virtual terminals, right? I have no clue how
> to switch between them. Tried some mods + Fx but didn't get it to
> switch. There's also only one "login" running. Perhaps there's some
> step missing to bring the other consoles up?

Yes, as you have noticed yourself, you need to enable wscons in rc.conf and
edit /etc/ttys to enable the terminals.

>> I don’t think so. For some time there was wsmouse enabled in the default
>> kernel even if no wseverything and X still worked.
>> Please try it. I didn’t test X recently, but a few months ago it was working
>> fine on my A600.
>
> On Current now, freshly installed, X crashes the kernel with an mmu
> fault. Both the GENERIC kernel and the WSCONS kernel. I can provide
> cores if needed.

Please provide the stack trace. You can get it by typing “bt” at the debugger
prompt.

>> Ok. I’m interested in any problems with that.
>
> For some reason, the clock went a year away (2013 vs 2012) at some
> point (install or one of the first two boots), while keeping time
> correct (wtf?).
>
> I made sure clock was correct in AmigaOS, setclock saved, setclock
> loaded, checked time again, then booted GENERIC and it seems to be
> fine... no clue how that happened. Might be a PEBCAK on my end but
> I'll keep an eye out for it happening again.

I suspect there’s some problem with the msm6242b_settime_ymdhms() function in
src/sys/dev/ic/msm6242b.c, but now I don’t have a way to test it.

> Note that the loadbsd in Current doesn't work for Current kernels
> either. Had to use the known-good one.

Yes, I know...

--
Best regards,