Re: NetBSD 6.1.2 install report (A1200, Bliz 1230mkIV)

> That’s also a limitation of Kickstart. Any bootable partition must be within
> 4GB. Possibly newer AmigaOS version patch the Kickstart to allow this, but it
> means that it wouldn’t work for NetBSD cold boot anyway.

I do use blizkick to load a patched kickstart from os3.9. On a cold
boot, it first boots wb3.1: and blizkicks from s:startup-sequence,
then after the reboot it boots wb3.9:. The trick is wb3.9 simply has
higher priority, but it can't be booted until blizzard's shadow
kickstart is updated. The hard disk is big (120GB) and the kickstart
in the rom (Actually v39, 3.0) does only see a small portion of it.

> Can you try HEAD? That should be fixed by now...

Crosscompiled a Current kernel using that athlon-xp netbsd 6.1.2 and
booted it. It worked :)

First attempt was using wsconsole but I got a crash pretty early on
grf0 init. Then tried without grf0 nor grfcc0 and there missing
grf-related symbols on link time, so I gave up on that and configured
ite again.
Second attempt worked fine, ptyfs mounted, I started X and I got a
beautiful kernel dump. I assume to do with wsmouse, which I forgot
enabled.
Booted second attempt again. It did fsck, likely because of the kernel
dump. ssh'd in just fine.
Third attempt: X causes panic anyway. I hope it works with Current userspace...

> Yes, should be fixed by now, please test with kernel from HEAD.

Clock isn't working so well yet with my Current kernel, but I suspect
there's userspace involvement. Delayed until I install Current.

> I suggest you use pkgsrc to build software from sources.

Sounds like a pain on the 030@50, but I'll try and use it to build the
few packages I need once I'm on HEAD.

> That doesn’t surprise me much, but can you give more details about that crash?

I've uploaded the core on a server of mine. I suspect it'll be smooth
once I install Current. We'll see.

http://b.rvalles.net/netbsd/

Q: I have a 68882. Will having FPU emulation help me in any way? (such
as running binaries that use the FPU and are not for the 68882)
Q: is wscons supposed to work with AGA at all? If so, what should the
config look like? (See problem above)
Q: what to enable in config for kernel backtraces / kernel debugger to
show symbols (just DEBUG?)

Now going to bed. The plan is to backup a few files (my slip.sh and
little else) then make a clean install of Current as you suggested
once I'm up again.