Re: Clockport devices programming

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 11:53:23 +0200
Radek Kujawa <radoslaw.kujawa%c0ff33.net@localhost> wrote:

> E3B Fa. created very nice USB controller for A1200 compatible
> clockports - Subway. Michael Böhmer of E3B agreed to share
> documentation with me, so I (hopefully) can create driver for NetBSD.

Very nice project (although I don't own an A1200). I have a Deneb USB
card from E3B and I wanted to ask for documentation, but didn't yet,
because I was never sure to have enough time to finish it.

> This controller is based on UHC124 chip. There's nothing
> Amiga-specific in this IC, so it should have MI driver with Amiga
> frontend. This implies use of bus_space(9).

Yes.

> But I'm unsure if it is
> possible to mix bus_space functions and VA which is returned from
> ztwomap().

There are several examples doing that (e.g. wdc_amiga.c). You have to
build the bus space tag yourself, by assigning the base from ztwomap(),
e.g.:  sc->cmd_iot.base = (u_long)ztwomap(0xdd2020 + 2);

Then you can call bus_space_map() using the constructed tag.

--
Frank Wille