Re: Clockport devices programming

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 11:04:25AM +0200, Frank Wille wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 10:16:49 +0200
> Ignatios Souvatzis <is%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> > > No. The bus_space(9) functions are not used in Amiga drivers.
> > > I guess it made not much sense, as most drivers for Amiga are not
> > > portable?
> >
> > Uh, they are in a lot of them, mostly for zbus and DraCo mainboard
> > devices. Look closer.
>
> You're right, bus_space(9) is used for drivers which depend on MI code,
> but what I wanted to say was that it didn't made much sense for the
> other, MD, drivers.

E3B Fa. created very nice USB controller for A1200 compatible clockports -
Subway. Michael Böhmer of E3B agreed to share documentation with me, so I
(hopefully) can create driver for NetBSD.

This controller is based on UHC124 chip. There's nothing Amiga-specific in this
IC, so it should have MI driver with Amiga frontend. This implies use of
bus_space(9). But I'm unsure if it is possible to mix bus_space functions and
VA which is returned from ztwomap(). Frontend driver should somehow "connect"
MI driver to virtual adress space returned from ztwomap.

Situation with Subway is a bit similar to SL811HS driver for X68 series, but
they use bus_space for intio attachment too, which is far more understandable
for me ;).

Btw. here's skeleton of my driver:
http://c0ff33.net/svn/netbsd-subway/src/sys/
Does not do anything at all yet.