Re: Clockport devices programming

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 06:31:22PM +0200, Frank Wille wrote:

> No. The bus_space(9) functions are not used in Amiga drivers.
> I guess it made not much sense, as most drivers for Amiga are not portable?

Uh, they are in a lot of them, mostly for zbus and DraCo mainboard
devices. Look closer.

We could use more generic drivers if we'd implement a minimal bus_dma(9),
(think DMA capable SCSI interfaces).

> The length is not needed. You can always access any location from va to
> va+(0xf80000-pa).
>

> > How does kernel know which addresses I am going to use?
>
> Not needed. All drivers run on the same mapping, which is already
> established in amiga_init.c.

Only for Zorro 2 and for low address mainboard devices.
Zorro 3 is mapped by zbus initialization.

seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/