Re: Clockport devices programming

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 10:16:49 +0200
Ignatios Souvatzis <is%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> > No. The bus_space(9) functions are not used in Amiga drivers.
> > I guess it made not much sense, as most drivers for Amiga are not
> > portable?
>
> Uh, they are in a lot of them, mostly for zbus and DraCo mainboard
> devices. Look closer.

You're right, bus_space(9) is used for drivers which depend on MI code,
but what I wanted to say was that it didn't made much sense for the
other, MD, drivers.

> We could use more generic drivers if we'd implement a minimal bus_dma
> (9), (think DMA capable SCSI interfaces).

So m68k/bus_dma.c wouldn't help?

I always asked myself why there is no bus_space.c in sys/arch/m68k for
all the m68k ports (as in sys/arch/powerpc, for example) ?

--
Frank Wille