Re: How to cross compile optimized for Amiga with 68060?

On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 11:40:56PM +0100, Leonard Schmidt wrote:
> Never mind, I found it myself:
>
> Creating /etc/mk.conf containing this two lines did the job:
> COPTS+= -O2 -m68060 -Wa,-m68060, -m68851
> M68060=YES
>
> After compiling and installing the sets, vmstat -i reports no
> 060intemu events but still 118 060fpiemu events. That's odd, I did
> expect no 060fpemu events too, but there are still some 68882 code
> somewhere instead of 68060FPU code only. At first glance, it seems
> that it is located in the kernel and not in the user land binaries.

AFAIR, this is impossible - the kernel does NO fpu operations other
than those that are needed to save or restore FPU context at process
switch time.

Hm, those are fpiemu for sure - and not fpdemu or fpeaemu?

OTOH - a tight loop of fpiemu-intensive code performs at about
78000 instructions/second, afair, so I wouldn't worry too much if
it's only 118/second.