okay, got it running so far, article mostly finished

Hi!

Thanks for your help. I got everything running so far and start to
understand how it works. The article is mostly finished. Wow, it may well
get 4 pages. But then I speak about 3 Unixes, AROS and GeekGadgets, quite
much for one article ;-).

I guess I will add one or two things inspired from your article, Markus
Illenser, and of course give a reference to it. Please tell me, exactly
where it is on which page. I may add further historic and general
information on NetBSD in the article I mention below.

Even KDE runs, and I think quite nicely. Oh well its not roadrunner on a
68040/40 but one can work with it quite good.

There may well be an article on "how to install NetBSD" for one of the
next issues after this one. When I find enough time beside writing for my
diploma.

Some last questions:

Whats the status of NetBSD/APUS ;-) that is NetBSD for Amiga with
PowerUP-Boards? I got the impression its not yet released, such as
Linux/APUS (which does not support CyberStormPPC/SCSI, but seems to be
quite complete beside that - however I did not install it yet, I need to
grab a PowerPC equipped Amiga or steal some PPC card at Haage&Partner ;-)

Is there any office with a good word processor for NetBSD/amiga? As far as
I know most office packages leave out m68k platforms altogether?

In the next time I guess I will try to make a difference listing from the
CD-ROM to the FTP-Server and grab all good packages that are not on the
CD-ROM. Or is there any NetBSD/amiga 1.4.1 CD-ROM which is complete? What
about a new gateway CD-ROM?

I may even try to network it with the PC we have here. But to do that, I
have to work out whats wrong with the network connection between my Amiga
under AmigaOS/MiamiDx and the Windows 98 machine. It used to work once.
;-)

--
Martin 'Helios' Steigerwald  - http://helios.home.pages.de
PGP: http://home.pages.de/~helios/autor/wie-erreichen.html