Re: okay, got it running so far, article mostly finished

On 10 Jan 2000, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> Whats the status of NetBSD/APUS ;-) that is NetBSD for Amiga with
> PowerUP-Boards? I got the impression its not yet released, such as
> Linux/APUS (which does not support CyberStormPPC/SCSI, but seems to be
> quite complete beside that - however I did not install it yet, I need to
> grab a PowerPC equipped Amiga or steal some PPC card at Haage&Partner ;-)

        I think those working on the amigappc port would be best
        qualified to answer on this one :)

> Is there any office with a good word processor for NetBSD/amiga? As far as
> I know most office packages leave out m68k platforms altogether?

        Some options might be:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/editors/abiword/README.html
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/print/lyx/README.html
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/textproc/ted/README.html
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/misc/siag/README.html

        Plus all the text editors in

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/editors/README.html

> In the next time I guess I will try to make a difference listing from the
> CD-ROM to the FTP-Server and grab all good packages that are not on the
> CD-ROM. Or is there any NetBSD/amiga 1.4.1 CD-ROM which is complete? What
> about a new gateway CD-ROM?

        If you have time time and disk space you can always type 'make
        package' from the top level of the pkgsc tree (you probably
        want a fast '060 :)

                David/absolute