Comparison NetBSD / Linux for Amiga

OK, now, what's the point here?

Everyone who has used both prefers one or the other for all sorts of
reasons. While it might be useful to know why people prefer one, the real
issue should be more focused around technical points.

For instance, there was mention of someone who believes that Linux
compiles the same package quicker than BSD. There's a start - however, if
they weren't the same version of gcc, that fact may be moot. Which creates
faster code?

If anyone has access to two identical machines, or is dual-booting Linux
and BSD, then perhaps we can do some real testing that has some meaning.

I have heard that BSD's TCP stack is much better than Linux's; I would
like to try to have a good handful of fast machines hit some comparison
machines with lots and lots of connections (like Apachebench (ab) or
something similar).

Also, although I haven't run Linux/m68k much, I have the impression that
NetBSD is more stable. I had a few core dumps in Linux in the few days
that I did run it, but I haven't had one since I installed BSD.

reva: {2} uptime
 2:40PM  up 31 days, 19:36, 2 users, load averages: 1.20, 1.13, 1.09
(I'm running the rc5 client)

This is since I moved it to my office, where it's on a 1.5mbps SDSL. I'm
running several virtual domains, just got sendmail 8.9.3 set up, running
DNS, and so on.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a real comparison / benchmark of the
two OSes?

reva.sixgirls.org is an Amiga 4000 with a CyberStorm Mk II, CyberSCSI, 57
mhz 68060, 144 megs of ram, two 4 gig UW SCSI drives, and two A2065
ethernet cards. I'm not running X.

Anyone?
John Klos