Re: netbsd install

On Sun, Feb 07, 1999 at 08:19:16PM +0100, Markus Illenseer wrote:
> > I let it start and after awhile I get an error message "the disk is full"
> > It seems that it's trying to put everything on the root
> > partition, it gets filled up and stops unpacking.
>
>  Small flaw in the installing tool. It does not mention that you are
> required to add the "/usr/" partition yourself. At one point you are
> asked whether you want to add other partitions to /etc/fstab. Answer
> "yes" and add a line similar to this one:

thats not the point were one should enter this information... its for
NetBSD wizards who want to modify the table which was built until there.

A bit earlier, you are prompted for device names (and mount points) to enter.
The default is to exit the dialog and continue. A log of people have failed
in the past to understand this... I changed the dialog now and requested
pullup to the 1.3.4 release branch.