Re: netbsd install

> I let it start and after awhile I get an error message "the disk is full"
> It seems that it's trying to put everything on the root
> partition, it gets filled up and stops unpacking.

 Small flaw in the installing tool. It does not mention that you are
required to add the "/usr/" partition yourself. At one point you are
asked whether you want to add other partitions to /etc/fstab. Answer
"yes" and add a line similar to this one:

/dev/sd0d       /usr    ffs     rw      1       2

 Note that /dev/sd0d might differ for you.

 Please start from sratch, as your "root" partition is filled up with
junk.

--
Markus Illenseer