Install problems with 1.3.3 (and 1.3.2)

Ok, I'll admit right off the bad that I'm a newbie when it comes
to running a *nix-like system (though I've used my shell account
on my ISP's system for years, back when they were running an
Encore Multimax to their current Sun SparcCenter), but I want to
learn.  In order to do that, I need to install one, so I've been
trying to install NetBSD on my Amiga.  I have a decent system
that more than meets the requirements, and have gotten through
the entire install procedure up to the point where the netbsd is
trying to extract the .tgz sets.  I downloaded all the sets and
they're in a directory on an ADos partition.  The install program
finds the files just fine, lists them to be extracted, and after
selecting the file name and hitting return (usually just the
default filename), I get the following message that pops up
immediately:

"Bus error - core dumped"
"Extraction complete."

But *nothing* got extracted.  The install program happily
inicates that the file was extracted even though it wasn't, and
does it with every .tgz file set I try to install.  I'm afraid
I'm not wise or experienced enough to attempt a manual extraction.  If anyone
could help me out, that would be GREATLY
appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Robert Fentiman       rfentima%d.umn.edu@localhost