Re: Install problems with 1.3.3 (and 1.3.2)

On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 09:14:48PM -0600, Robert Fentiman wrote:
> trying to install NetBSD on my Amiga.  I have a decent system
> that more than meets the requirements, and have gotten through

I prefer to not believe you. That is, as much as I'd like to believe you,
you should mention at least the "showconfig" output, maybe the output of
some RDB lister, and tell what sort of accelerator board (if any) you use,
and what sort of disks you are using.

> the entire install procedure up to the point where the netbsd is
> trying to extract the .tgz sets.  I downloaded all the sets and

> they're in a directory on an ADos partition.  The install program
> finds the files just fine, lists them to be extracted, and after
> selecting the file name and hitting return (usually just the
> default filename), I get the following message that pops up
> immediately:
>
> "Bus error - core dumped"
> "Extraction complete."
>
> But *nothing* got extracted.  The install program happily
> inicates that the file was extracted even though it wasn't, and
> does it with every .tgz file set I try to install.  I'm afraid

This is a bug. It should abort and complain. "mental note".

Regards,
        Ignatios