Re: binary-patch X11?

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Ruben van Staveren wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 12:00:39PM +0100, ali (Anders Lindgren) wrote:
> > I can't seem to change the screenmode (scanrate) of grf0, it seems
> > hardcoded to run in PAL (or NTSC, whatever) which -- given that my
>
> Yeah, great isn't it ?

ehm no? :-)

[snippety]
> the X server makes up a sort of best mode id, try 640x400 to fall into
> multiscan. 704x480 drops in DBLPal, and higher does a Super72 mode.

Hmm I wonder how I have been starting it so far when trying to use grf0,
because Multiscan, DBLPAL and DBLNTSC all display fine on my monitor but I
didn't succeed to get any sort of picture. I'll have a go with 704x480 and
such and see what happens...

> It is in xsrc.tar.gz

I know _where_ the source is, I even bothered to burn it onto my
brand new homecooked NetBSD 1.3.3 CD, I just don't think I would be able
to make any sensible changes to that load of...100MB source? :-)

Would probably take several days to compile on my 25MHz 68040 too,
although that's not really a problem.

> Because there is not one.

Bummer. :-/

> Regards,
>       Ruben

Off topic: where are all the pkg sources? I burnt whatever I could find
onto my CD but ended up only having the build-tree consisting of makefiles
and patches only. Are there in fact no sources for the actual packages
at netbsd.org/mirror?

--
/ali: Computer Science Major and aspiring cartoonist. :-)
(dept) dat94ali%ludat.lth.se@localhost - http:// www.ludat.lth.se/~dat94ali