Re: Serial console?

   Date: 09 Aug 96 23:39:48 +0100
   From: tingo%icenet.no@localhost (Torfinn Ingolfsen)

   Here is an idea: on some systems we have at work, /dev/console is
   dynamically linked to the first serial port if it is active (maybe
   it is checking the DTR signal; I don't know), if not it is linked
   to the console port.  This works so well that if we forget to turn
   off the modem which is connected to that port, the server tries to
   use the modem for console when it's rebooted. :-)

Thats the exact reason why your idea should _NOT_ be implemented.

Regards,
        Ignatios Souvatzis