Re: Serial console?

   Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 16:19:58 -0400 (EDT)
   From: Todd Vierling <tv%pobox.com@localhost>
   Sender: owner-port-amiga%NetBSD.ORG@localhost

   On Fri, 9 Aug 1996, Bernd Ernesti wrote:

   : > I have a serial terminal attached to the internal serial at 9600bps
(...even
   : > though I have two MFC3s :).  I'd like to have the kernel still force the
   : > serial console even though I have an ite3, and turning off
CIRRUS_CONSOLE in
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   : You forgot to comment out the ite3 in your Kernel config.

   The point is, I *WANT* ite3, I just don't want it to be /dev/console.  I
   want console messages (including kernel bootup) dumped to the serial port.

Err... I dont have the original message anymore... but....

did you

rm ite_cl.o grf_cl.o grf.o ite.o

before recompiling?

If not, do it, and recompile.

Our toolchain doesn't really know about option dependencies. (We teach
it about a few files which should depend on the configuration, but if
we did that with anything which depends on some option, we'd end up
with recompiling everything anytime.)

You have to know what to do, if changing options, or do a make clean
to be on the safe side.

Regards,
        Ignatios Souvatzis