Re: Serial console?

In article <Pine.NEB.3.95.960809161845.25352Q-100000%like.duh.ml.org@localhost>,
tv%pobox.com@localhost (Todd Vierling) wrote:

>The point is, I *WANT* ite3, I just don't want it to be /dev/console.  I
>want console messages (including kernel bootup) dumped to the serial port.

Here is an idea: on some systems we have at work, /dev/console is dynamically
linked to the first serial port if it is active (maybe it is checking the DTR
signal; I don't know), if not it is linked to the console port.
This works so well that if we forget to turn off the modem which is connected
to that port, the server tries to use the modem for console when it's
rebooted. :-)

Can NetBSD be configured to do this?
--
 Torfinn - Thor 2.22 No:#1015 (msg. written 09-Aug-96 23:35:21)
Email (work): torfinn%anon.hfk.mil.no@localhost