Re: u3g for XEN3_DOM0 ?

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> I tried to move XEN3_DOM0 as close as possible to GENERIC. I left the
> following differences
> - maxusers 32 vs 64
> - xen specific options and device attachments
> - things that do not build: acpicpu, vga and framebuffer, sysbeep
> - AGP, which is known to crash
> - VirtIO ent Hyper-V, which I assume are not relevant.

The NO_PCI_MSI_MSIX needs a comment and really a PR, if it's going to
stay.

> Attached is the patch to XEN3_DOM0. Once applied, you can
> diff XEN3_DOM0 GENERIC to check what differences are left.

I skimmed the diff from older XEN3_DOM0 to this.   Mostly looks fine,
but the shitespace in the last pseudo-device lines is off, and there's a
spurious final newline.

The diff from GENERIC looks ok too.

Longer term, it would be nice if all differences were commented.  But
this looks like good progress.

I may be able to test this, over a few days.   I'll kick off a build of
current as is first, as my xen box is out of date due to being powered
off for a few months.