update 8.0_RC1->8.0 (was: library versions in pkgsrc binaries)

> And if I install the 8.0 sets remotely, I assume this means in single-user
> mode using remote console access.
That's the safest way. Doing it in multi-user mode may work, too.
Don't forget the p key when un-tar-ing the sets.

> I have in the past [...] had bad experiences with configuration files
> being overwritten
If you don't accidently extract the etc set, no.

> and the need for extensive fixing to get back to a fully working system.
Just postinstall/etcupdate on the new etc set.
If you need to do this on a set of machines and get tired of answering the same questions over and over again, I have a patch to add record/replay support to etcupdate.