Re: library versions in pkgsrc binaries

So I suppose the question is, how much difference is there in fact
between 8.0_RC1 and the formal 8.0 release?   And if I install the 8.0
sets remotely, I assume this means in single-user mode using remote
console access.   I have in the past (I've been using NetBSD since
1.x) had bad experiences with configuration files being overwritten,
and the need for extensive fixing to get back to a fully working
system.

BTW, the are brand new, clean machines and 8.0_RC1 is the only OS ever
installed on them.  I had to get them in place quickly, and needed 8.0
for the particular USB driver.

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>