Re: Linux emulation

On 04/30/15 16:49, David Laight wrote:
On Fri, Apr 03, 2015 at 09:42:05AM -0500, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
That last point is a good one, I didn't know/recall that, but that would
simplify things considerably, & I already compile statically linked
executables, in addition to dynamic. I will probably get on this this
weekend or next week, thanks :-).
Provided NetBsd has implemented the system calls your program uses
there shouldn't be a problem
The shared library version is actually more likely to work - provided
your program is compatible with the SUSE libc.
A static binary is less likely to be compatible with an older kernel.

	David

That last point (SuSE libc) is also good to know, I am compiling using a 64-bit CentOS 5.n VM, although I could easily (hopefully :-/) set up a SuSE VM as well .... Any hints on what versions to prefer :-) ? I would guess that the oldest that is still compatible w/ current would be most flexible, but who knows .... The program in question is a largish, batch-mode (to date myself) analysis program, FWIW .... TIA for any more clues & thanks again for help so far :-) ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.