Nooooob question

Hi all, I am new to this list. I am purpose building a small AMD64 socket C32-based (4256EE CPU) server to run .... 1 of the BSD's, probably NetBSD, based on its ability to run Linux AMD64 binaries under emulation (found several net references). Does anyone onlist have experience doing this ? If so, how does it work ? Good efficiency (almost full speed) ? SMP supported ? I will be using it primarily to run an in-house CFD code in 'batch' mode (to date myself), also as a file server. TIA for any info/experiences.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.