Re: Linux emulation

On 04/03/15 04:49, Edgar Fuß wrote:
Does anyone onlist have experience doing this?
Yes, I'm running IBM's proprietary TSM backup client under Linux/Linux-32 emulation.

If so, how does it work?
Do you mean how it works internally or how you use it?
Just pkg_add the required susexxx packages and run the Linux binary.

Sorry, I meant 'how *well* does it work, performance-wise', which you clarified below. Any experience w/ 64-bit emulation ? That is what I am more interested in. FreeBSD doesn't provide it (WIP) & neither does OpenBSD (no mention at all that I could cursorily locate). NetBSD online docs imply that it's a done deal w/ NetBSD, part of the base GENERIC kernel, hence my interest ....

Good efficiency (almost full speed)?
Probably depends on what your binary does. I'd guess yes.

SMP supported?
I never cared but probably yes.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III