Port-amd64 archive

Re: port-amd64/47782 - ifconfig SIOCSIFMEDIA error with bge

On 5/1/13 10:51 PM, STEPHEN JONES wrote:
On May 1, 2013, at 7:51 PM, Masanobu SAITOH wrote:

Could you show me the full dmesg of the machine with BGE_DEBUG option?
Masa has clarified this as an issue specific the IPMI for the onboard devices
on the
H8SSL (SuperMicro) and likely other boards.  I saw this behavior in 5.x testing
as well,
but it looks like it has been addressed in -current.  Running 6.99.19 on the
same host
showed the bge driver to be robust.  If possible, it would be great to have the
bge code, if it is not too extensive of a change, in the pending release of 6.1.

This might prove very tricky to do; 6.1_RC4 was just released, and 6.1 proper should be out within two weeks. *Possibly* if this is a small, non-risky change. (Luckily, I have some bge(4) boxes to do a little testing on)

Otherwise, there's always 6.2!