port-amd64/47782 - ifconfig SIOCSIFMEDIA error with bge

Just a quick follow up to port-amd64/47782

I did a fresh install on several SuperMicro amd64 servers with bge ethernet
interfaces and configured both bge's in an acceptable fashion.  I then clean
booted the servers 865 times to gather some stats.

Background:  I'm using NetBSD ukato 6.0.1 NetBSD 6.0.1 (GENERIC) amd64.  I
was using a custom kernel with bge/brgphy, but thought for this test using
generic would be best.

ifconfig.bge0:
up
media autoselect
192.94.73.7 netmask 0xffffff00 media autoselect

ifconfig.bge1:
up
media autoselect
10.0.0.7 netmask 0xffffff00 media autoselect

bge1 always had its interface successfully configured.  However, bge0
failed with an ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA: Invalid argument 343 times, but was
successful 522 times (total of 865 clean boots).

For media and mediaopts I did implicitly set those, but still ran into issues
with bge0 failing iwth a SIOCSIFMEDIA.  When the interface is in this state,
you cannot even do a simple ifconfig bge0 192.94.73.7 to bring the interface
up even by doing a ksh /etc/rc.d/network stop first.  I believe that this
is likely a serious bug.  Originally I thought that this may be an autoneg
issue with the switch, but simple ifconfigs are failing without a reboot.

However, if I'm overlooking something that has changed between NetBSD 4.0.1
and 6.x, please feel free to stick my nose in it.