Re: BETA6.0 - AMD Opetron 6272 (16 core) multiprocessor config crashes

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 03:28:16PM -0500, Derrick Lobo wrote:
> Manuel
>
> A funny thing happened today.. we were trying to replicate this issue in our
> lab and were never able to reproduce it.. however in the lab once we
> connected a network cable and enabled the 2nd nic .. the server crashed in
> minutes..
>

> So seems like having one network interface connected makes this work.. I can
> have all 16 cores running and processing with no error and any work load..
> however the moment I connect and activate the second nic.. (even if no data
> flows on the second nic) the server crashs.. keep the second nic and reboot
> netbsd in SMB mode and it works..

Does it hang immediatly after enabling the second nic, or some time
later ? if you can enter ddb, does 'show events' report interrupts for
this nic ?

> So theres something related to the 2nd nic that causing this issue..
>
> Hope this helps.. I can live by disabling the second nic, but if a solution
> is possible it would be great..

It looks like an interrupt routing issue. I'm not an expert in this
area; a PR with the dmesg and ACPI infos would probably be the
best way to get this handled.