RE: BETA6.0 - AMD Opetron 6272 (16 core) multiprocessor config crashes

Manuel

A funny thing happened today.. we were trying to replicate this issue in our
lab and were never able to reproduce it.. however in the lab once we
connected a network cable and enabled the 2nd nic .. the server crashed in
minutes..

So seems like having one network interface connected makes this work.. I can
have all 16 cores running and processing with no error and any work load..
however the moment I connect and activate the second nic.. (even if no data
flows on the second nic) the server crashs.. keep the second nic and reboot
netbsd in SMB mode and it works..

So theres something related to the 2nd nic that causing this issue..

Hope this helps.. I can live by disabling the second nic, but if a solution
is possible it would be great..

I am using netbsd 6.0 currently.

Derrick