Re: cdrecord on amd64 ?

Manuel.Bouyer%lip6.fr@localhost
   >    NetBSD: 26 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference
   >    --
   >

   > I use it all of the time.
   >

   > I had a Sony/Optiarc DVD+-R/RW DL drive and now a LiteOn DVD+-R/RW DL with
   > Lightscribe.  Both are ATAPI drives over a IDE channel.

   Hum, mine is a:
   cd0 at atapibus0 drive 0: <Optiarc DVD+/-RW AD-5170S, , 101B> cdrom removable

   it's over SATA but I don't think it makes a difference.

I can't check right now, but I think that the Sony/Optiarc I had was a
AD-7170A.  I don't remember the firmware version.  I did make sure to put
it on its own bus, as I had one to spare.

   > The LiteOn is pretty new and I have not found all of the quirks.  On the
   > Sony, I had two odd things:
   >
   > 1) Burnfree had to be turned on.  If it wasn't there would be errors from
   >    the drive.  I seem to remember that this was true of both CDs and DVD,
   >    when I was still using dvdrecord [which I no longer use].  Use
   >    driveropts=burnfree on the command line.

   No luck with a dvd: I still get
   Track 01:    0 of 2531 MB written.cdrecord: Input/output error. write_g1:
scsi sendcmd: fatal error
   CDB:  2A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 1E 00
   resid: 61440
   cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 200s

I remember seeing something like that, just one time.  I never knew why
since things worked fine with previous burns, but suspected media, which I
tossed in the waste can and tried the burn again.

Can you give growisofs a try??  I switched to it some time ago and have
not looked back.  Something like:

    growisofs -dvd-compat -speed=1 -Z /dev/rcd0d=[some premastered file]

should work.  Its in pkgsrc.  Today, I only use cdrecord for burning CD-R.

Manuel.Bouyer%lip6.fr@localhost

Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS
http://anduin.eldar.org  - & -  http://anduin.ipv6.eldar.org [IPv6 only]