Re: cdrecord on amd64 ?

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 12:24:30PM -0400, Brad Spencer wrote:

>    Hi,
>    is anyone using cdrecord on amd64 ? I'm having troubles getting it
>    working with a DVD writer on amd64. The drive reports error like "illegal
>    request", or sometimes it looks like the command doesn't even make it
>    to the drive. While building cdrecord I've seen some warnings about
>    "cast from pointer to integer of different size", so I suspect some
>    LP64 issues here.
>
>    --
>    Manuel Bouyer, LIP6, Universite Paris VI.
> Manuel.Bouyer%lip6.fr@localhost
>       NetBSD: 26 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference
>    --
>

> I use it all of the time.
>

> I had a Sony/Optiarc DVD+-R/RW DL drive and now a LiteOn DVD+-R/RW DL with
> Lightscribe.  Both are ATAPI drives over a IDE channel.

Hum, mine is a:
cd0 at atapibus0 drive 0: <Optiarc DVD+/-RW AD-5170S, , 101B> cdrom removable

it's over SATA but I don't think it makes a difference.

> The LiteOn is pretty new and I have not found all of the quirks.  On the
> Sony, I had two odd things:
>
> 1) Burnfree had to be turned on.  If it wasn't there would be errors from
>    the drive.  I seem to remember that this was true of both CDs and DVD,
>    when I was still using dvdrecord [which I no longer use].  Use
>    driveropts=burnfree on the command line.

No luck with a dvd: I still get
Track 01:    0 of 2531 MB written.cdrecord: Input/output error. write_g1: scsi
sendcmd: fatal error
CDB:  2A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 1E 00
resid: 61440
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 200s