Port-alpha archive

Re: Permedia 3 and Xorg (on AXP)

Felix Deichmann a écrit :
Of course, my kernel is built with this option.

X.Org (drivers), Alpha and PCI is a non-working combination (known
problem)... macallan knows and if we are lucky an alphaallan will rise
from the ashes and fix it.

fb is the only option at the moment (i. e. using your pm3fb).

I have tested with last -8 kernel and now, I obtain a kernel panic. As crash isn't supported on alpha, I don't know where system panics. I have tested a Matroc G450 instead of this Oxygen with the same result.

Is there a chance to obtain a working wsfb (24 bits depth for example) without noise on the right of the screen ? I have tried to modify wsfb support in kernel without any result. Even I force defaut parameters, console fb stays with 1280x1024x8 (and 16MB of VRAM).

	Best regards,

	JKB