Re: Dependencies on the rust toolchain

On Sat, 22 Jul 2023 07:49:52 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Hauke Fath <hf%spg.tu-darmstadt.de@localhost> writes:
>
>> I found that despite this, updating from a pre-rust version,
>> pkg_rolling-replace(8) started building the rusty version's
>> dependencies.
>
> Yes, that is the right behavior for pkg_rr.  A package that is installed
> and mismatched or unsafe will get 'make replace'.  And it's the version
> that was installed (PKGPATH) that is replaced, not the version that the
> user wants to switch to :-)

You mean, it doesn't just DWIM? Ah well...

>> At that point, just manually build graphics/libimagequant-c, and 'make
>> replace'.
>
> And then in theory "pkgin ar" to remove things that only
> graphics/libimagequant depended on, but it looks like it only has build
> dependencies, so that's nothing.

In my case, it was an update from the pre-rust-libimagequant days (a
build from February), so the old libimagequant depencencies were
identical to those of libimagequant-c. Of course, if you were to
downgrade the package, your comment would apply.

Cheerio,
Hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344